Last updated June 2023
Research Participant Information
What data do we collect and how do we collect it?
The type of data, how it is collected, and data processing differ depending on the type of research conducted as specified below. Personal data may also include other data that you yourself disclose during the research.
Types of research
- Quantitative market research
- Data collected: No personal data is collected, answers are anonymous from third party supplier
- Data processing: Statistical analysis
- Third party partners: Consumer panel supplier(s)
- Retention: Data is stored indefinitely
Client customer surveys
- Data collected: Personal data can occur, as answers sometimes need to be traceable to a certain individual in Lynxeye Insights’ client’s customer database
- Data processing: Statistical analysis and reporting on an aggregated level, and tagging of individuals into different segments used for analysis and marketing planning
- Third party partners: Survey tool supplier(s)
- Retention: Data is stored by Lynxeye Insights until project is finalized, typically within one year. Lynxeye Insights’ clients can store data according to their personal data protection policy.
- Qualitative research
- Data collected: Personal data includes video recordings, first name, phone number
- Data processing: Qualitative analysis where data is anonymized to only gender and age before reporting (e.g. Female, 32)
- Third party partners: External moderators, Facility for research
- Retention: Video recordings are stored by Lynxeye Insights for three (3) years, and only accessible through booked meetings at Lynxeye Insights facilities by our own staff or staff from our client that commissioned the research.
- Data collected: Personal data is collected in participant lists, to send out invitations to community participation. No personal data is collected for other purposes, but may occur among respondents’ written answers and other information that you as a participant chose to provide
- Data processing: Qualitative analysis where data is anonymized to only usernames before reporting (e.g. “Jane”)
- Third party partners: External moderators, Community platform suppliers
- Retention: Participant lists are stored, separated from community records, until project completion within one year. Full community records are exported and stored by Lynxeye Insights indefinitely, and is not accessible to anyone outside the company and working project team.
Interviews (face-to-face, telephone, or video conference)
- Data collected: Personal data is collected in participant lists, to send out and administrate invitations to interviews. No other personal data is not collected, but may occur among respondents’ recorded answers and other information that you as a participant chose to provide
- Data processing: Qualitative analysis where data is anonymized to only an anonymous identifier before reporting (e.g. Female, 32)
- Third party partners: External moderators
- Retention: Participant lists are stored, separated from interview records, until project completion within one year. Voice recordings are stored by Lynxeye Insights indefinitely, and is not accessible to anyone outside the company and working project team
How data is processed, used, and anonymized
All responses to our research are completely confidential unless otherwise explicitly stated, for example if you are interviewed as an expert. We collect data in our studies for research purposes if not otherwise stated in the study, and the use of the information gathered will be limited to that purpose.
In the events that we report and present results or insights, all personal data will be anonymized to ensure that it cannot be connected to you as an individual.
Sharing your data
We do not rent, sell or share personal information to a third party for the purpose to directly contact individuals for marketing and sales of products or services.
We will share anonymized data and insights from the study with the client for whom we are conducting the research.
We may share some personal information with third parties for administrative purposes, for example to pay you for your participation. Our partner service providers are required to comply with GDPR regulations and agree to maintain the same strict confidentiality and provide the same level of data security as provided by us, and are not permitted to use or disclose your personal data except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
Working with external research partners
Lynxeye Insights conducts research in collaboration with a number of third party partners. Depending on the type of study the extent of collaboration may vary as specified above under types of research. On behalf of our clients we may also utilize their data to gain access to research participants.
When we work with partners it is our duty as a company to ensure that we remain compliant with the rules stipulated by the GDPR legislation and our corporate-wide policy regarding personal data. This includes ensuring that:
- We have a signed Data Processing Agreement (DPA) with our partners
- We have a written commitment that the partner operates in a manner that is GDPR compliant
- The partner collects consent in the correct way according to GDPR article 7 so that we have legal grounds for data processing according to GDPR article 6.1.a
- We do not retain personal data for longer than what is necessary and/or stipulated in the consent given by the data subjects.
All research participation is voluntary, and you can always “opt out” at any time after agreeing to participate (be aware that any monetary compensation you are provided for participating is dependent on your participation, and that opting out of participating may make you ineligible to receive it).
According to GDPR regulations you have the right to request access to the personal data that we have collected about you for the purposes of reviewing, modifying, or requesting deletion of the data. You also have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we have collected about you and to have any inaccuracies in that data corrected. You can also request that we stop processing your personal data, except when processing is necessary for the performance of a contract where you are one of the concerned parties, if processing is necessary for us to comply with any legal obligations we have or protect the vital interest of an individual.
Participating in our market research
To participate in one of our research projects you need to consent that any information you provide for the duration of the research will be used as above described.